Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Confession: I Believed My Fears!

"Realize that now, in this moment of time, you are creating. You are creating your next moment. That is what's real."

~Sara Paddison

It's true. I believed my fears. I used to be completely convinced they were real.

And then, last week, these old beliefs reared their head. "I'm afraid of failing, of being laughed at, of loosing people I care about." The list goes on.

It dawned on me, after all these years of "being with" them as a way of practicing acceptance (and the Path of Least Resistance) that it is the BELIEF in fear that is the trap. I realized that when I respond to the fear AS IF IT IS TRUE that I loose my self.

A great revelation.

I impart it to you so that you realize that your belief in your fears is what holds you back. Fears that are limiting stories are just that....limiting stories. So, see them as that and stop living as if they are real!

If you do not have what you want, it is because you believe your fears.

Choose to believe in only what expands you (See last entry for exercise on creating expansive beliefs).
__________________________________________________

Kendra E Thornbury, MA, inspires and guides people to be fully alive through her dynamic coaching, facilitation, workshops, teleseminars, writing and online resources. She helps people awaken to the bounty of life, design their lives through their values and live in joy. http://www.spiritalive.net/

http://www.lessonsinlawofattraction.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have what I want and I don't have any fears. I beg the reader to understand that one person's experiences does not define the next person's experience. I have more than 20 years of research under my belt, I assure you we all have our unique experiences. Additionally the 'picture' is much much larger than it appears.

Lessons In Law of Attraction said...

Hi David~ Thank you for your comment. I appreciate your suggestions and taking the time to connect. I hear that you don't have what you want in life and that you don't have fears. Great. Then what is holding you back?

Some spiritual masters say that there is only fear and love. Even when we don't know that fear is on the surface, when we dig deep, it usually is connected with what is preventing us from attaining our desires. What else is there?

Having said that, I do get that I cannot say what is true for you. I do honor the unique experiences and beings that we each are.

There are some univeral truths, and the Law of Attraction is one of them.

Here's to what you want coming to be!

Sincerely,
Kendra :)